No matter what your age, getting support and help with your singing is a good idea and a good singing teacher or tutor will be able to help you whatever your style - pop, rock, soul, R&B, blues, theatre, classical, etc.
A good vocal coach could even help you with your audition for The X Factor, Britain's Got Talent, or The Voice.
These are the typical things that you can work in a singing class or with a good singing teacher.
Vocal technique - how to improve your range, your breathing and your tuning/pitch.
Interpretation - how to make a song your own, how to phrase and how to improve your delivery.
Performance - how to sing with confidence, how to own the stage and sing to an audience.
Choosing a song - how to choose the right song for you, how to change it to make it your own, and how to develop your own material.
- drop them an email and tell them what you think you would like to develop;
- or give them a call and have a chat;
- ask them how long they have been singing;
- ask them how often they perform themselves;
- find out how they run their lessons or classes.
Whatever your age or ability, have a look at www.StarSinging.co.uk and if you have any questions, get in touch!